A Non-Fungible Token is a non-interchangeable unit of data stored in a blockchain, a form of digital ledger, that can be sold and traded. Non-fungible tokens are unique, and each one has a digital signature that can’t be exchanged. Once content is logged onto the blockchain, every transaction from transfers to sales is recorded on-chain, creating an easily accessible ledger of provenance and transaction history. The owner of an NFT can verify ownership using that digital signature. “Non-fungible” more or less means that it’s unique and can’t be replaced with something else. Types of NFT data units may be associated with digital files such as photos, videos, and audio.
NFTs are a special kind of crypto asset in which the majority are stored in the Ethereum blockchain. Some serve as contracts or digital deeds that are secured by a special code of blockchain. Some examples of NFTs can often represent something significant of value such as music, a video, virtual baseball trading cards, or even be utilized through an in-game item that can be implemented in the metaverse. Name brands like Nike, Louis Vuitton, and many more are already making their own NFTs so consumers could incorporate in the metaverse. It's wild!
Other NFT projects offer some type of utility to bring purpose and awareness to a specific real world issue or problem. A few examples of these include: TheLastPlasticProject; dedicated to greatly reducing the use of plastic, and donating funds with every NFT purchase to 4Ocean organization. With each purchase made there are dedicated global heroes committed to pulling out 2 pounds of litter from the ocean, for a better cleaner environment! There are also projects like Angel Oasis NFT; which is a Women Led NFT project that are raising 20% of all proceeds for Women Abuse foundations and Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) foundations. Other projects are towards the advancement of scientific research which is truly phenomenal! She Survives NFT is another Women Led NFT project that is raising 30% of proceeds for the American Cancer Society for breast cancer research advancement. There are many more great projects like these who are bringing the community together to make the world a better place. As you can see some NFTs have different methods of utility and bring such a promising future to the space. Do Only Good Everyday.
Links for named projects:
- Setup an Opensea account using wallets like MetaMask or Coinbase Wallet.
- Copy your wallet address from your OpenSea account.
- Email wallet address to Support@DogecoinGemz.com with order confirmation number.
- Thank you for your support! Much Love! <3
To get started buying and selling NFTs you first need to set up a wallet and transfer funds into it.
- Setup Coinbase or any compatible crypto exchange.
- Buy ETH on Selected Crypto Exchange.
- Open your browser and go to the OpenSea marketplace.
- Now you can use Coinbase to transfer funds (ETH) into your MetaMask or hard wallet.
- Explore the platform and find the desired NFT.
- Press the “Buy Now” button.
- Agree to the terms of the marketplace and choose “Checkout.” The MetaMask extension should now drop down, allowing you to see your purchase price.
- Congratulations on your NFT purchase!
How to buy dogecoin. (Coinbase referral link)
If you’re looking to buy Dogecoin to speculate or to actually use it, then you can opt for an exchange such as Coinbase or BinanceUS. Exchanges may let you take custody of the asset yourself, allowing you to send or spend it.
Looking for a way to purchase Dogecoin and other cryptocurrencies?! Get $10 in Bitcoin when you sign up with my referral link! https://www.coinbase.com/join/guerra_1rfv?src=ios-link
Instructions on how to run a node?
- Go to the Offical Dogecoin.com website
- Download the latest version to your PC or Phone
- Make sure you backup your wallet before you do anything!
- Shut down your running Dogecoin-QT or dogecoind
- Perform the installation and restart your node
- Thats it! Thanks for contributing!
Tom Bustamante, the Founder and CEO of DogeLabs, commented, "Contributing nodes to the Doge network provides for faster transactions and more stable blockchain."Sources: